A green dream, mint and pistachios. This dynamic duo is meant to me together for a perfectly punchy yet creamy dish. Delicious in spring with fresh peas or any time of the year using frozen.
- 1 leek, cleaned and cut in half lengthwise (or yellow onion)
- 2 Tablespoons Bella Cucina Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Bella Cucina Wild Oregano & Sage Savory Salt
- 3 cups fresh or frozen peas
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream (or almond milk for dairy-free)
- 2 Tablespoons Bella Cucina Mint & Pistachio Pesto
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
Chop the cleaned leeks into 1/4 half moon pieces. In a large skillet or saute pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat until warm. Add the leeks, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the leeks are soft and translucent. Add the peas and cream. Continue to cook until the peas are done and the cream is reduced. Add this pesto and lemon zest.