I love eggs and eat them for breakfast pretty much every day. Weekends allow for a more leisurely menu. Weekdays usually call for something quick. To not tire of the same-old, same-old, be it a frittata or fried egg, I dig through the fridge for random ingredients to add to the eggs. A handful of spinach. Leftover veggies. A spoonful of pesto. A sprinkle of savory salt. Whatever way you enjoy starting the day, remember to make your self something good to eat.
- 2 organic eggs
- 1 Tablespoon Bella Cucina Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Bella Cucina Calendula & Chive salt
- 2 Tablespoons Bella Cucina Golden Pepper Pesto
- A handful of greens, such as arugula or radish micro-greens
- Edible flowers, such as nasturtiums or zucchini blossoms
In a non-stick saute pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Crack the eggs into the pan. Sprinkle the salt over the eggs. Cover the pan and cook the eggs over low heat until the edges are bubbly and the eggs are done, about 1-2 minutes. Slide the eggs out of the pan onto a plate (I like to put them over a slice or two of grain-free seeds & nutty bread). Spoon the pesto on the eggs. Top with the greens. Finish with a flourish of the flowers.